I dreamed….
I was standing facing a meadow, oddly
dressed for the weather. It was the middle of the week, middle of a night.
Dense fog was settling on the grass, the naked ghostly trees across the meadow
daring the blistering cold. I was looking over the slope & swell of the
hill where your house stands.
Now I lay on my bed, white sheets
that call for the summer lazy afternoon. I am wearing the T-shirt you gave me,
now faded and worn to its thread. My head is on the soft pillow and the
afternoon summer breeze on my face. And I am thinking about our time together,
the way I used to keep my head on your lap and you used to caress my hair.
I was standing in the rain, arms
spread wide. Soaking my soul to the core. And you were there hugging me from
behind. I remember the thirst in me to drink the water droplets from your eye
lashes.
Its morning now, you must be awake.
You must be feeling that something is lost. Something you left behind somewhere.
You will touch the other side of your bed and feel surprised with the warmth it
has. Then only you will know that last night as you slept fitfully, I traveled
the distance through time and season into the place where the sky meets the
earth, to find you.