Friday, April 7, 2017

Another Sleepless Night

I never knew sleep can be a barrier between you and me.

I am laying beside you, watching you sleep.

You are smiling in your sleep, perhaps laughing in your dream to one of my PJs.

Your's is a beauty that loosens my flesh from my bone and makes home inside the conduits of my marrow.

Each time I see your smile I feel an earth quake in my chest.

I am that person you will find looking at sky and negotiating with God , asking what I can offer in relief  against this eternity. 

And in reply I hear a laugh, God, you and LOVE asks me to be on my knees.

Often my stare wakes you from your sleep, in half slept eyes you lean on me and ask me the question!

My brain freezes, I am afraid that you will hear my hammering heart. My body condenses into a whisper.  

I think we have to find a way to comfortably in love, that love awaits in the cervices in my heart where the light does not reach.

Your love propels me to a time that does exist yet. That doesn't make me sleep. 

And I wait for you to awake from your sleep.