Friday, January 25, 2008

Life is not a movie

Trusting the cumulative knowledge of all movies I had watched till date showing home coming scenes , until yesterday I was dreaming my dad would hug me till my ribs turned to dust and mom would come up with a pooja ki thali or something on meeting me at the airport . But my dreams shattered when Yesterday I got a call from my sis informing me that dad will be busy in his office so he can’t come to pick me up and didi herself going to Delhi and she instructed me not to bother mom.

So today I want to sue every single person who has ever been involved with the movie shooting of homecoming scenes at airports . The charge would be a 'inciting high expectations from family reunion scenes at airports' or something equally sickening.

And may be from today my dreams wd be like this …………

I landed at the airport , picked up my bags from the belt , pulled out my phone and called dad , all ready for the tears and hugs to unleash with all its fury.
Dad : Hello ?
Me : I have landed ! ( I know that sounded like I am the Eagle , but that's what I said )
Dad : Oh ok .
Me : Where are you ?
Dad : (Possibility 1 ) I can’t come I have my works to be completed at the office , so hire a autorikshwa and come straight to house, I will see u in the evening.

Dad : ( Possibility 2) There is a huge traffic jam here . Just sit around the airport and do something . Another half an hour atleast. I understand this . Traffic jams happen . But then Yash chopra and his ruthless colleagues should be realistic enough to include traffic jams or the possibility one in movies too . In a movie , when shahrukh khan returns home after completing his masters from duke university , there should not be the smiling family with perfectly formed teeth waiting for him as soon as hops down from the plane . Instead , he should hop down from the plane , look around , say a 'kkkkk..kahan hai sab?" to himself , and then receive an sms which goes like "Traffic Jam.Another forty minutes.Wait near the coffee machine at the arrival lounge. And don't drink pepsi." That would help keep down real life expectations and make the world and the airports a better place for sons coming home.

Hope after reaching they will accept my gifts with out any complain and fight. The 'ghar ka chirag' coming home for the first time since getting the confirmation and a decent salary, had to get something for the family unless he wanted to be given up for adoption , so I got a cellphone for dad , a mp4 player for sister and a watch for ma .
Anyway , I will close down now . I have to pack my bags for my trip. To chalta hoon bhai . And the next time you expect a waiting family at the airport , just remember , life is not a movie . These movie people sell traffic free dreams . Sue kar dooonga ek ek ko .