The Prodigal Son is coming back to home.
Another twelve days and I will be home with my loving parents and sis. I never stayed for such a long time away from my parents until I joined my job in Libya. My mother used to hand feed me for almost 22 years, even she fed me when I was on my leave last year. This is her love for me. I always wonder why she loves me so much more than she loves my elder brother and sis. May be because I am the youngest in our family and the weakest & bimar. I wonder because I have never been a good son all my life jo maa pitajika naam roshan kare. You can say I am the black sheep of our family. My siblings are smarter than me, they almost fulfilled my parents dreams. I am the one who shattered their dreams.
When I was a kid I used to nag all my younger cousins and so all our relatives hate me & so my parents also feel ashamed of me. Then I grew older and started giving excuses for my inabilities. My mother never believed then nor she believes them now. When it comes to exam score cards, they were always somewhere near 60%. (You see I am an average student) In my class sixth I flunked in my drawing exam. My 7th class class exam was a narrow escape. In my board exam thanks to the inspiration from the smiling beauties in my tuition class I scored my life’s best 81%. Then I joined college with lack of direction and full of uncertainties filled in me and the end result again a narrow escape. By God’s blessings and due to my besaram self I did not attempted khudkhusi.
Somehow they made me believe that I can be an engineer. So I joined a coaching center and prepared my self for the joint entrance examination. Then I thought somehow I will achieve something and repay my parents 10 times of the money what they spent on me and make them think atleast the money they spent was not at all a waste. But nothing happened as I planned rather my beliefs were strengthened that day dreams never comes true. Anyway I gave the same excuse to my self that the lack of those smiling inspirations in life is the culprit.
By God’s grace I got into one of those mushrooming private engineering colleges in civil branch. And there I found the above said inspiration and scored a mu dikhaneka layak percentage and majduri bhi lag gayi ek company mein. Those inspirations never came into life nor did they thought me as their inspiration, but there is always a hope and that hope became inspiration for me and mein apna kharacha pani jugad karneka layak bangaya. Thanks to all of them. My dream for repaying my parents in 10 folds sapne mein hi reh gaya. Now it seems far far away.
But at the end I am thankful to my parents for keeping their patience to bear all my misdoings and spending the money for last 22 years for which I am here today. Most of all for the unconditional love I found from them that I never deserved.
Now the prodigal son is coming back to home. Hope the same love and patience will be there for me.
Anirudh
Another twelve days and I will be home with my loving parents and sis. I never stayed for such a long time away from my parents until I joined my job in Libya. My mother used to hand feed me for almost 22 years, even she fed me when I was on my leave last year. This is her love for me. I always wonder why she loves me so much more than she loves my elder brother and sis. May be because I am the youngest in our family and the weakest & bimar. I wonder because I have never been a good son all my life jo maa pitajika naam roshan kare. You can say I am the black sheep of our family. My siblings are smarter than me, they almost fulfilled my parents dreams. I am the one who shattered their dreams.
When I was a kid I used to nag all my younger cousins and so all our relatives hate me & so my parents also feel ashamed of me. Then I grew older and started giving excuses for my inabilities. My mother never believed then nor she believes them now. When it comes to exam score cards, they were always somewhere near 60%. (You see I am an average student) In my class sixth I flunked in my drawing exam. My 7th class class exam was a narrow escape. In my board exam thanks to the inspiration from the smiling beauties in my tuition class I scored my life’s best 81%. Then I joined college with lack of direction and full of uncertainties filled in me and the end result again a narrow escape. By God’s blessings and due to my besaram self I did not attempted khudkhusi.
Somehow they made me believe that I can be an engineer. So I joined a coaching center and prepared my self for the joint entrance examination. Then I thought somehow I will achieve something and repay my parents 10 times of the money what they spent on me and make them think atleast the money they spent was not at all a waste. But nothing happened as I planned rather my beliefs were strengthened that day dreams never comes true. Anyway I gave the same excuse to my self that the lack of those smiling inspirations in life is the culprit.
By God’s grace I got into one of those mushrooming private engineering colleges in civil branch. And there I found the above said inspiration and scored a mu dikhaneka layak percentage and majduri bhi lag gayi ek company mein. Those inspirations never came into life nor did they thought me as their inspiration, but there is always a hope and that hope became inspiration for me and mein apna kharacha pani jugad karneka layak bangaya. Thanks to all of them. My dream for repaying my parents in 10 folds sapne mein hi reh gaya. Now it seems far far away.
But at the end I am thankful to my parents for keeping their patience to bear all my misdoings and spending the money for last 22 years for which I am here today. Most of all for the unconditional love I found from them that I never deserved.
Now the prodigal son is coming back to home. Hope the same love and patience will be there for me.
Anirudh