Feeling like a celebrity
Till 5 pm last sunday , I was convinced the day would go down as the worst day of my life , my personal 'Black sunday' or something . My shoes smelt like ammonium nitrate . The signals on my cell were as weak as an underfed riya sen . And I was wearing the same shirt for the third consecutive day ( I was lucky my co workers thought the smell was from a dead rat in the water cooler ) . So after excusing my self from the office with a little tabiyat ka bahana , I went to the beach hoping for a time better than the day had been . ( Infact I hoped to end up rolling in the sand with a couple of blondes , but anything less glamorous would have been well received too ). As I stood near the waves watching the sun set and wondering where my next clean shirt would come from , this person walks upto me and asks "Is your name Anirudh ?".I nervously shifted on my feet and did a little mental check of the safest direction to run away , because I thought he was from the shopping mall near my house .( I am a regular visitor there with the intention of bulling with the sales girls. Little devil I am. ) But it turned out the man reads this blog and recognised me from my pictures on orkut . His family was with him too and even they were aware of my existence . We spent quite some time chatting and though it did not involve anyone rolling in the sand , the sheer unexpectedness of the thing and the warmth of the family promptly transformed my black sunday into a sparkling floodlights lit surf excel washed Sweet Sunday with some home made bengali sweets which they offered me.
Then i realised that at times , even though we are rude , wicked , selfish , insensitive and other words associated with an excited Gulshan Grover , such moments remind me that in our hearts we still want to be loving and caring.
Its been a very lonley life for me for the past 4 years, With all these old men around, without a friend close by to share anything. (Not chaadies). Even my family memebrs are getting bored talking to me more than 10 mins.
So I am planning to comapny my self and I also plan to stop over at the beach regulary. You never know , someone blonde may just agree to roll in the sand with me .