Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life 0n a board game


 Ajjtak & NDTV guys missed this, But urs truly just passed the NEBOSH IGC exam with distinction. God knows how I passed this and more on that why on earth my company sponsored such huge money ……………………… that to on me.

 

Anyways, one of my lil friend’s B’day was there on 20th Jan. So I was invited as an Uncle to Ayisin’s 5th B’day.  I was totally surprised that people came with gifts and chocolates (I planned  my B;daty party as well in hope of getting such gifts ) I came only with best wishes , love and my shame less self. After some desi mujras on some firangi rhymes and one dance solo by front teeth missing  Vikash on “Papa kehte hein…..” the party ended and every body went back to their homes. On Ayisin’s request or u say threatening that she will tell her dad abt the chocolates I stole from her, I stayed there for some time to play with her. So we started this  boardgame called LIFE. For those of you who are not aware about it , you got a better option than bathing in the sea of ignorance , go to this link : http://www.boardgamecentral.com/games/life.html

So what happened in this game was that you were allotted a coloured piece which travelled along a curvy path on the board .The number of slots he moved ahead depended on the roll of a wheel ,like the ones they have in those kathmandu casinos. You moved along the board doing all the life stuff , becoming a doctor , engineer ,gangster etc etc ; marrying , divorcing , raising kids ,taking bank loans , buying houses , you even got this salary via a toy version of the american currency. I  tried to sneak a few extra notes frm the box while lil Ayisin was rolling the wheel.

Lately I have started viewing my actual life as just a bigger version of this game.I am just a piece like that in the game , whos just rolling along the boardgame of life. The difference being that on which slot I land aint exactly decided by a rolling wheel, but largely by my bad choices and missed efforts.. And just like the game , one day god will decide he had enough fun with this guy , and would pick me off the board n toss in the box .And all the currency notes , bank loans , the houses I won during the game , would remain back on the board , to be played with by the other guys.

And this makes me view my life in a rather dis-engaged way. I dont exactly go gaga with my so called achievements, which anyways can be counted on the fingers of a man with a missing hand. And neither do I plunge to the depths of despair with my failures and problems , which can be counted on more than the fingers of your hands , toes and the rest of your body. Its like nothing in this world seems to affect me too much.Its like I dont know what I want to achieve , what I want to possess.

I feel like a toddler who has been left to play on the floor of bombay stock exchange.I see people yelling , excited , angry , racing to get somewhere and wonder whats it all about . Sometimes I feel I want to earn a lot of money and spend my life with angelina jolie on my left arm and jenny lopez on the right , and swap their places after every 30 minutes.Then I feel i want to spend my life in my room with the AC on , munching on tomato flavored wafers and watching espn and AXN and star movies,and that too on a flat plasma screen TV. A little later , I see my life's purpose in setting up some NGO and serving the needy. What do i want out of life ? Is there any purpose at all of this entire life thing or are we just trying to have a good time pass ? Have all you guys figured out what you want in life ?